The Travel Corporation:
The Travel Corporation is an international travel and leisure group operating in over 70 countries and consisting of a number of well-known brands such as Red Carnation Hotels, Trafalgar Tours, Insight Vacations, Contiki Holidays and Uniworld River Cruises. The Travel Corporation has its group finance function and head office based in St Peter Port.
The role will require a detailed understanding of the operations of the business, its revenue structure, cashflow requirements and cost base. The candidate will be reporting to the Group Commercial Director and work closely with Group Finance Director and will work closely with financial teams around the world and be required to provide accurate timely information to senior management staff and board members. The role will ideally suit a recently qualified accountant looking for an exciting challenge outside the traditional finance industry.
We are looking for an ACA/ACCA qualified accountant with the following attributes:
- An eye for detailed analysis of financial and management information.
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong excel and IT skills and be able to quickly learn new systems.
- Be able to work under pressure and within tight deadlines to a very high standard of accuracy.
- An understanding of International Accounting Standards.
- Experience of consolidation of management and financial information.
A competitive package commensurate with the candidate’s experience including pension, health insurance, DIS, paid volunteering leave and discounted tours.