Date: May 2023
Company: Cannon Asset Management Limited
Role: Compliance Manager
Reports to: Head of Compliance
Type: Permanent (35-hour week)
Compliance Manager (Fiduciary & Funds)
The primary objective of the successful candidate will be to ensure that Cannon Asset Management Limited’s (”CAML”) Fiduciary & Fund Administration business continues to have effective Compliance and AML/CFT framework place. This will allow the successful candidate to provide appropriate assurances and information to the Head of Compliance therefore enabling CAML to fulfil its Compliance and AML/CFT responsibilities. The vacancy is for a full-time employee with well-developed English Language and Numeracy skills. A knowledge of Fiduciary and Fund Compliance would be a definite asset. A working knowledge of the GFSC Handbook and a qualification or experience in Anti Money Laundering/Terrorist Financing is a requirement to allow the review and the approval of any regulatory changes considered to be necessary. Additionally, the successful applicant must have a reasonable understanding of the relevant Laws, including, but not restricted to, knowledge of various GFSC and other authoritative bodies in relation to a risk-based approach to regulation. As the Compliance Manager, you will be responsible for the compliance team of three individuals and will report to the Head of Compliance in the first instance and act as the Board’s contact in his absence. This is a varied role with in the compliance team, people skills are a necessity as guidance to the compliance team in respect of fund and trust knowledge will be a big part in the day-to-day role. A route of succession is available to the right candidate.
Responsibilities will include:
• Understanding the Guernsey regulatory requirements for the corporate licences held for a variety of
Fiduciary companies, Fund Administration companies and Funds administered under the Fiduciary laws
and Codes, Protection of Investors Laws and relevant Legislation.
• Understanding the compliance procedures and company policies necessary to ensure the Compliance
team can fulfil the day-to-day functions. Ensuring the Compliance team are operating in accordance
with the departments procedures and processes to fulfil the requirements set out by the Board of
Directors and the Group.
• To provide advice to staff and management on matters involving regulations and procedures, policies
and general understanding of compliance orientated matters.
• To have an understanding of how the administrative functions of the Fiduciary and Fund Administration
departments work and the systems used.
• Reviewing the updated various compliance registers and logs to ensure they have been updated
correctly by the compliance team.
• Undertake/organise Thematic reviews as directed by the Head of Compliance.
• First sign off on Compliance Monitoring programmes ensuring that where there are outstanding or
potential breaches, these are followed up by compliance staff and duly acknowledged by senior
• Complete first draft of Compliance reports to boards.
• Complete the first draft of the AML/CFT Board reports.
• Review and in some instances first draft of necessary GFSC notifications, as required by the rules, are
duly completed through the portal as required. This will involve annual returns, quarterly statistical
returns, thematic returns and inputting necessary information from annual accounts, etc.
• To assist in the AML/CFT training provided to all relevant staff.
• Other duties as allocated by the Head of Compliance allocates.
We are looking for a candidate who:
• Must have a background of working in funds at a middle to senior role
• Works well within a team as well as independently
• Strong leadership skills and able to develop team members
• Strong Managerial skills and ability to prioritise work
• Can communicate effectively with colleagues and service providers
• Excellent attention to detail
• Has strong numeracy and written skills
• Knowledge and Experience of Fund Administration and Fund Compliance regimes
• Knowledge and Experience of Fiduciary and Company Administration
• Knowledge and Experience of AML/CFT regimes and their maintenance and reporting requirements
• Knowledge and experience with Excel and Word
Salary: competitive, depending on knowledge and experience
Hours: 09:00 to 17:00 with 1 hour for lunch
Holiday: 25 days per annum, with incremental increases to 30 days after 10 years’ service
Medical: AXA PPP
Other benefits: Annual Discretionary Bonus
Please contact Rachael Saul or Jude Harris at email@example.com or on 716387