Page 1 of 2
Entity Review Officer
Albany Trustee has been operating in Guernsey and internationally for over five decades and enjoys
an international reputation as a leading independent and owner managed provider of high-quality
fiduciary and corporate services to predominantly HNW/UHNW multi-jurisdictional private clients.
Albany has approximately 75 client/s family groups, over 250 entities and more than £2 billion assets
across a wide range of asset classes under administration. We are a team of approximately 45 people with a collegiate atmosphere, dynamic executive management team overseen by an experienced Board, including a former global Chairman of STEP.
We have a strong commitment to independence, client service and building long lasting relationships
with clients, colleagues, and advisers alike.
Owing to significant organic growth, we are seeking to recruit an Entity Review Officer. The
successful candidate will role joins the Review Team, focussed on undertaking entity reviews.
This is a contract position for a period of 6 months. We are happy to consider reduced hours.
The role will suit an ICSA or STEP qualified and experienced practitioner within the fiduciary sector
with a strong compliance background. We are looking for someone with:
• experience of administering a portfolio of clients as well as undertaking entity reviews;
• a sound understanding of applicable trust and company laws, governance and best practice;
• a sound understanding of applicable rules and regulations, in particular the GFSC Handbook;
• an understanding of bookkeeping and accounting principles;
• the ability to identify particular business, legal, financial, taxation and regulatory risks;
• sound analytical skills; and
• effective and concise communication skills.
The role will ideally suit someone who is dynamic, has attention to detail and a positive team player. Good people skills are essential.
Duties, Responsibilities and Tasks
The role will include periodic annual/biennial reviews including new entities within 6 months of
onboarding and as required on an ad-hoc basis, subject the overriding supervision of the Team Leader and Directors:
• utilising the entity review function within Acumen undertake a detailed review of the
electronic and paper records maintained by the Company in respect of client entities and assess adherence to Albany’s policies and procedures;
Page 2 of 2
• detail any errors, omissions, breaches of Applicable Law or Albany’s policies and procedures or any other failing by the Albany Group in the day to day administration of each client entity since the last time that an entity review was carried in respect thereof;
• bring to the Directors’ attentions, as they arise, any material or significant failings;
• assist with the rectification of any failings discovered during the course of the review process; and
• undertake such other tasks relating to the entity reviews and the review process as the
Directors may, from time to time, reasonably require. The individual will also undertake and/or assist with such tasks as could be considered to be consistent
with an internal audit type function including but not limited to:
• Reviewing entity review action point remediation progress;
• Compliance monitoring;
• Regulatory requirements and reporting;
• Ad-hoc projects;
• Adherence to applicable laws, regulations and industry best practice;
• Adherence to policies and procedures;
• Assisting with formulation and development of policies and procedures and associated checklists and forms;
• Source of wealth and funds verification and documenting the same; and
• Such other functions as are agreed.
Please apply by email including full c.v. to Helena Leslie, Human Resources Manager email@example.com All applications will be treated in confidence.
Diversity and Inclusion Statement We welcome enquiries from disabled people and value diversity in our workplace.
We will make reasonable adjustments to our application process for candidates who indicate that, owing to a disability, our arrangements might leave them disadvantaged. If you have a disability which
you believe may affect your performance, we will be happy to make reasonable adjustments for you.